Mostly just a train shed and scattered buildings in the first ten years after the town was formed in 1884.
This southwest view by E.C. Eddy shows most of the business district between Pennsylvania and Connecticut Avenues.
A permanent railway depot was built in 1898 that exists to the present. The Southern Pines-Pinehurst trolley seen here operated from 1896-1905.
Huntsman "roading" the hounds near the entrance to the Belvedere Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in the late 1920s.
One of the many boarding houses built within the town to house the influx of tourists during the season.